1. My wife and I stumbled on this and it was just too good not to pass on. Isn't history fun?
oh! and this...
2. Speaking of cool history, Fr. Z posted on the possible discovery of Sodom and Gomorrah. How do the archaeologists think the city was destroyed? A "heat event".
3. Is it just me, or does anyone else despise "Mary did you know?" Well, I found this the other day.
4. Christmas is right around the corner, and that means hundreds of parishes will be having their Christmas pageants during the Christmas Eve Vigil Mass. Now, I am not a liturgist, so maybe there is some allowance here that I am not aware of. If you know anything about this please instruct me, but I am pretty sure that these little plays aren't supposed to be held during Mass. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find them terribly distracting. This is the point where we are all supposed to be worshipping God, focused completely on Him, and yet we have this strange "creation" bleating at us, practically screaming, "Look at us!" The focus is, inevitably, on the cute children. Parents snap photos. Grandparents look on warmly and dirty looks are thrown at the naysayers like myself. Still, I persist. Why not just have the pageant BEFORE Mass?
5. The Anchoress linked to a great piece on Ten Myths About Introverts. My favorite is number 1: Introverts don't like to talk. I LOVE to talk, just not as an end in and of itself. You can also find a link there for a personality test. I am an INTJ: The Mastermind. Coincidentally, so is my wife. What are you?
6. We had our second round of evaluations for the second grade classes on Wednesday. They are being tested for their first confession. I was very pleased with the results. Several are still far from ready, but there has been improvement. Prayers are always appreciated.
7. Next week we fly to North Carolina to visit our parents. My mom still doesn't know we are coming (my Dad is sneaky like that). I can't wait for her to see us on the doorstep right before Christmas. It's going to be great!