Frank discussions, advice, and opinions from a Catholic Director of Religious Education.



Saturday, November 5, 2011

You too can be the perfect parent!

...says someone who wants your money. I just got done reading an excellent post about parenting and heartache. I have to admit, every now and then I think, "If I just do this exactly right then my kids will be saints" or "If I can just work out this program properly then the teens will start going to Mass." Now, those thoughts don't last very long because inevitably I mess up and realize that God is their only hope (as it should be). Still, when you love your kids and know the dangers that are out in the world you want a certain degree of certainty regarding their everlasting soul. Unfortunately, out of all the amazing gifts God has given us, scientific, unquestionable certainty isn't one of them. Go check out What I'm Never Going to Tell You at In the Heart of My Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment