Frank discussions, advice, and opinions from a Catholic Director of Religious Education.



Thursday, October 27, 2011

Seven Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 9)

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 148)

1.Jesus-Ween? This seems like a good way to get your house egged...



I think these people have good intentions, but there needs to be a happy middle point. I'm not sure where that is, but I have a funny feeling that it lies between slutty cat costumes and awkward evangelizing efforts. Maybe dressing up as a saint? (AFTER their conversion)  

2. Speaking of Halloween, Eddie will be Yoda on Monday. I'm even putting him in his baby back-pack carrier (think "Empire Strikes Back") and bringing a little glowing "light saber". It's going to be awesome. 

"Change my diaper, you will..."

3. On an unrelated note, Blogger stinks. I ALWAYS struggle to put pictures or video in and the controls have been freezing a lot lately. Most of the time, Blogger either won't respond or does something stupid like push my text 50 lines down. Any ideas?

4.  I can't believe it's almost November. I heard the other day we might get some flurries within the week. I'm what you'd call an "inside" husband, but even I'm dreading winter. Minnesota winters are awful. You could go for months on end without showing any skin, and that's just inside your home. Don't even think of going outside unless you want to lose your favorite digits.  

5. I wanted a hover board SOOOOOO bad. When I first saw it in Back to the Future, I thought I was going to explode if I didn't get one soon. It was the coolest thing next to a light saber.  

6. Conscience? No, you don't need to worry about that. The government will make sure everything is fair. You know, like how they do in Britain with foster care and cafe owners.

7. I'm going to steal from George at Convert Journal. I really liked his inclusion of a quote in his quick takes, so I'm going to include one this week that seems to keep appearing for me. 

 “Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is.
Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.” -G.K. Chesterton 

Also, special thanks to Jen for the information about when to post this at Conversion Diary.

3 comments:

  1. #2: daniel was a wookie last year. (my husband picked the costume.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween.
    re: #3, I can't post comments as myself.

    ReplyDelete