Frank discussions, advice, and opinions from a Catholic Director of Religious Education.



Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Didache Series

I've posted previously about the Didache series, but I really want to say again how wonderful these books are. (I DO NOT work for Ignatius Press or profit from this, by the way.) We use the Introduction to Catholicism text for our 9th and 10th grade students, but I've looked through the other editions and they are all top tier. 

Each chapter references the catechism and has a saint's story at the end, but I think my favorite part of this series is the way in which it asks students to engage the material. It often uses scenarios that force students to think about real world apologetics and there are plenty of great discussion questions for applying the lessons.  All in all, this is one of the best series for high school students I've seen and it's a great buy if you're looking.    




No comments:

Post a Comment