Frank discussions, advice, and opinions from a Catholic Director of Religious Education.



Thursday, October 20, 2011

Be Nice

"You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on (your) right cheek, turn the other one to him as well." -Matthew 5:38-39

I am prideful. When someone verbally strikes me, my first thought is often "how badly can I hurt them back." Thanks be to God, this impulse is receding. Recently, I've had some experience with personal attacks and I was suddenly struck with a long ago memory of Roadhouse, through which I think God was talking to me. Enjoy. (Warning: Some explicit language)



  Yes, Patrick Swayze is God in this analogy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment