Frank discussions, advice, and opinions from a Catholic Director of Religious Education.



Tuesday, August 9, 2011

God's Pie

Well, I just had a wonderful but sleep-deprived visit to Virginia with the family for a reunion. I should be back to posting regularly tomorrow. Until then, check out this video about tithes. I have to say, I get caught in this trap myself. I don't normally have a problem giving my money, but my time is a different matter. I make a list of what I need to do and use "free time" as the reward to drive my efforts. With that view, free time is what I am supposed to get for accomplishing my duties. I turn time into something that is due to me instead of viewing it as the gift it really is. In other words, I look forward to that piece of pie that is supposed to be all mine after I give out the rest. I am perfectly fine giving away the pie as long as I know that last piece is for me. I have to keep reminding myself that none of the pie is mine. I can't make pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment